Once you have these basic tips and tools in your toolbelt, watch the installation video to see how quickly FLIGHT can become a striking part of your renovation or new build.
In case you missed it, here are some of the main takeaways from the video’s instructions:
- Always double-check your measurements before making a permanent attachment; you want to avoid making unnecessary holes in your surfaces
- Use lag bolts to temporarily hold things in place while through-bolting is performed
- The bottom tread of each FLIGHT requires a unique but simple attachment method due to how close it is to the floor. Make sure you read the instructions thoroughly when you get to this step in the installation process
Custom Built for Ease
Each Viewrail FLIGHT is custom built with ease in mind for your individual project. This means that there is no need for welding or fabrication on-site. The system is delivered to your steps ready for installation with no more than minor leveling adjustments needed.
In efforts to help you achieve the perfect look and fit, we have created a few different resources that will enable you to safely and correctly install your FLIGHT system. Read below for a brief overview of the FLIGHT system installation process, as well as some pieces of information that will come in handy and make the process faster and easier.
Here are a few tips before you start your install:
- We suggest that you have at least four people be a part of the installation process
- The stringer itself will weigh about 300 lbs, so make sure that you plan accordingly
- A come along winch or hoist can make it easier to get the mono stringer into place initially
- We suggest that you do not screw down the FLIGHT’s bottom plate in the beginning of your install. Instead:
- Temporarily attach the header plate with lag bolts
- Position the top & bottom treads in alignment with their predrilled holes
- Check to ensure that the treads & stringer are parallel with the adjacent wall
- If parallel, move forward; if not, shim the header plate as needed
- The header plate must be bolted through a triple 2x header or double LVL header; there is a separate application process for concrete
- Always make sure that the pieces you are installing are square with each other, the floor, and the stringer itself
For the complete Viewrail FLIGHT instructions, Click Here.
We would love to answer any of your questions about installing a FLIGHT system. Call (574) 742-1030 to talk to one of our experts.